ResearchFest highlights undergraduate and graduate-level research from the Department of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) and the Fischell Department of Bioengineering (BioE). The event is sponsored by MSE and BioE, and features guest judges, prizes and a reception.
All are welcome to attend!
- Date: TBD
- Location: A. James Clark Hall Forum East/Atrium
- Time: TBD
- The contest will be divied up into 2 parts: An 8-minute Talk Competition, and a Poster Contest. There will be a winner for best presentation, best poster, honorable mentions for both a presentation and a poster, and one undergraduate poster winner. Some awards will carry cash prizes. Anyone in the MSE, ChBE or BioE departments, or affiliated, may participate. Please note: This event is open to the public. As such, no confidential material may be preserted or displayed.
How to Participate in ResearchFest 2020
- Submit a 1-page abstract (double-spaced) by ____ to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com. Please indicate if you are interested in participating in the presentation and/or poster contest. There are four presentation slots per department and they will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All submitted abstracts must be approved by you, any co-authors and your advisor(s) as acceptable for presentation in public. Information on the abstracts may be included in handouts for judges and/or attendees, or posted to the Departmental websites.
Prepare your poster or presentation:
- Create a new research poster for the event, or use one you have presented in the past year. You are responsible for printing your poster. Please format your poster to be no larger than 40"x 30" (or 30"x40") if you plan to use the mounting boards provided; otherwise, plan to bring your own mounting board.
- Presentations will be timed and last no longer than 8 minutes (strictly enforced). Presenters will also be given an additional 2 minutes for questions.
- Presenters should arrive no later than 10:30 am on August 8th to load their presentation onto the projecting computer.
- There will be 3 judges consisting of Dept. alumni or other representatives. Several awards will carry a cash prize (which will be deposited into the winner's student account).
- Please note: photos of the poster session and/or presentations may be used online and/or in newsletters.
- Questions or concerns should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a CC to email@example.com