- Produce high quality alumni who will be successful in their chosen careers in industry, government or academia, in the State of Maryland, the nation and the world.
- Produce alumni who demonstrate the ability define and solve engineering and science problems in the field of Materials Science and Engineering throughout their careers.
- Produce alumni who demonstrate the ability to relate basic physics, math, chemistry and engineering principles to the field of Materials Science and Engineering so they can function professionally as materials engineers and scientists.
- Produce alumni who design and engineer materials and materials systems for future generations of products and demonstrate a continuous upgrading their knowledge to address and impact the rapid pace of technological advances.
The Bachelor of Science in Materials Science and Engineering degree program at the University of Maryland is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
The 122-credit degree program is designed to give graduates the breadth and depth of knowledge they need to work in the field of materials science and engineering and to continue learning throughout their careers.
|The Materials Science and Engineering undergraduate program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.|
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering is using the following ABET learning outcomes:
- Undergraduate enrollment: 79 (Fall 2021)
- Degrees Awarded: 30 (2021)