Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) at Maryland is a diverse field that bolsters other branches of engineering. The development of safe, high-density batteries, cars with better gas mileage, ultra high density magnetic hard drives for future computers, advanced solar cells and many other technological breakthroughs require innovative materials and processes to build on what is available today. MSE is the field that spearheads these discovery and development processes.
Come join the elite MSE program at the University of Maryland!
- Combine Engineering with Chemistry and Physics
- Find jobs in microelectronics, automotive, biotech, venture capital start-ups, government labs and more
- Excellent starting salaries for graduates
- Get research experience as an undergraduate
- Small classes allow you to get to know your professors
SPRING 2022 Events (registration is required for all events)
- Virtual Q&A with current MSE Students: Join our current students as they discuss their experiences inside and outside the classroom, and bring your questions
- Wednesday, March 30, 7:00 - 8:00 PM (EST)
- Register for this meeting here.
- Parent Session, an In-Person Departmental Open House: For the Parents of Admitted Students - Please join Materials Science and Engineering Department for an in-person information session. The session will include an overview of our major and research opportunities. Speak with faculty and staff within the department who will be able to answer your questions. Admitted students are welcome to join.
- Saturday, April 9, 10:00 - 11:30 AM (EST)
- Location: JH Kim Engineering Building (KEB 1107)
- Please follow this link to register.
- Admitted Student Open House (ASOH): These events are virtual and registration is required. Our department will host a breakout session during each event.
- Dates: Friday, April 8 | Friday, April 15
- Follow this link to register.
Questions? Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org