Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) at Maryland is a diverse field that bolsters other branches of engineering. The development of safe, high-density batteries, cars with better gas mileage, ultra high density magnetic hard drives for future computers, advanced solar cells and many other technological breakthroughs require innovative materials and processes to build on what is available today. MSE is the field that spearheads these discovery and development processes.
Come join the elite MSE program at the University of Maryland!
- Combine Engineering with Chemistry and Physics
- Find jobs in microelectronics, automotive, biotech, venture capital start-ups, government labs and more
- Excellent starting salaries for graduates
- Get research experience as an undergraduate
- Small classes allow you to get to know your professors
Virtual Spring 2021 Events
- Chat with a Faculty Member:
In a unique opportunity, faculty members in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering will be available to meet individually with prospective students. All you need to do is come prepared with questions and sign up for a meeting below!
Our Spring 2021 events are now complete. Please check back for fall dates!
Questions? Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org