Interested in nanotechnology?
Want to help solve global energy problems?
Learn about the exciting field of
Materials Science and Engineering!
Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) is an exciting field that bolsters other branches of engineering. The development of cars with better gas mileage, ultra high density magnetic hard drives for future computers, advanced solar cells and many other technological breakthroughs require innovative materials to improve what is available today. MSE is the field that spearheads these discovery and development processes.
Come join the elite MSE Program at the University of Maryland!
- Combine Engineering with Chemistry and Physics
- Find jobs in microelectronics, automotive, biotech, venture capital start-ups, government labs and more
- Excellent starting salaries for graduates
- Get research experience as an undergraduate
- Small classes allow you to get to know your professors
- An RSVP is required to attend. Zoom information will be provided to participants who RSVP.
Virtual Open Houses
- Fall 2020 Open House events are complete. Check back soon for Spring 2021 dates!
Open House Schedule (times vary from session to session):
- Intro: The MSE Program at Maryland
- Tour of the Kim Engineering Building
- Materials for the Future: Hands-on Demo of Advanced Materials
- Q&A with Students and Faculty Members
Questions? Send an email to: email@example.com